Nebraska born and bred Navy SEAL Calvin “Coop” Cooper, after his own family has perished in a tornado, is ordered to meet the family of a prominent San Diego psychiatrist. The doctor’s brother is a fallen SEAL medic who died in Grenada. There, Cooper meets Libby Brownlee, the beautiful niece of this fallen hero. Heavily influenced by her father, “We don’t speak military here,” is her comment about the military in general, and the SEAL community in particular.
What starts out as a frosty debate between two people privately dealing with their own personal grief, turns into a passionate affair neither expected. Just as Cooper realizes perhaps Libby is the woman he’s always been looking for, she is snatched out from under him by a psychopathic killer bent on revenge.
Cooper, along with his buddies in SEAL Team 3, use their training to find Libby, but it might be too late. Will Cooper be able to survive the loss of the woman he loves, or will his duty, honor and self sacrifice be enough to keep her safe?
I have been this. In fact, I don't think I have ever spent much time being alone ever since I discovered the opposite sex. I mean, why? Things are so much better.
I'm thinking of all the lines about Love and Sex I've used over the years. Here are a couple of them that stand out to me:
1. “I was looking for Mr. Perfect and forgot to look for Mr. Right.” SEAL The Deal
2. “I am still willing to be your meal.” Honeymoon Bite
3. “He had the brass band, the pom poms and the cheerleaders all working for him now.” SEAL My Destiny
4. “Sometimes things that are oh so good for you are also bad for you.” Fallen SEAL Legacy
5. “Too small,” he whispered. When she turned to look, his eyes focused on her lips. Her knees were shaking. She melted when she heard him murmur, “But it will have to do.” Accidental SEAL
6. “Life is full of complications.” Heavenly Lover
7. “I like entangled. I like rich and deep and I like to be sorely missed when I'm gone.” SEAL My Destiny
8. “I'm entranced by your scent. Do you taste as good?” Mortal Bite
9. “Because,” he grabbed her hand and pulled it to his mouth, kissing her knuckles, “she won't be afraid to tell me what I need to do to please her, with or without the pajamas.” SEAL Under Covers
And to wrap up, here is an excerpt from one of my favorite books that gets little love. So, today, won't you love a tiny bit of it? It is the meeting between Josh and Melanie and sets off the uncontrollable craving of the Dark Angel for the human woman who runs a flower shop.
It involves the crushing of some beautiful red roses. How perfect for Valentine's Day. Enjoy:
Excerpt from Underworld Lover:
He wanted to keep her from being captured.